Monday, October 31, 2011

{our first Sabbath in India}

What a buzz to be up at 6am to prepare for church! I know we are supposed to prepare on Saturday...but it just didn't happen for me. So 6am I am about to iron clothing. My husband came along with us to church - what a wonderful feeling to attend church...and everything being the same as home!

 breakfast - toast, fruit and biscuits haha!

 this guy would rather play then eat...

 cheese - waiting for our driver to arrive

 GOOCH playing and getting dirty before we leave home...fun!(not)

 Love this handsome Man! xox

 We left home and noticed a park full of kids playing cricket, people walking getting their exercize on! The roads were already buzzing! People carting their work gear to their spots!

through the window you can see a small family pushing what appears to be concrete slab moulds on a bike. This was just after 9am and we are on our way to church.


On this motor bike there are 4 people! The parents and 2 kids...and they just roll real casual on the bike. They don't have to wear the helmets or hold on real tight! Simple...and effective transportation...love it!!

We arrived to our destination a little late, our driver was looking for it - stopping to ask random rickshaw drivers. I think there are only branches in India, no wards yet, and no church buildings like we have back home. It was more of a 2 story building with the sign on the front that reads "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" and the guard standing there with a smile as we rushed out of the car, grabbing our boys, bags and rushing to the door!


this was taken after church on the way to the car. Hence the no-shoes casual look that GOOCH has going on...

To be honest, you see guards sitting infront of houses and buildings, but this was the first time one had smiled at me...I had the warm feeling 'FINALLY we are here'!

We watched a DVD for stake conference. It was filmed in Salt Lake City, Utah - for the Asian countries! It was very different to what I am used to but an awesome experience. Speaking about things pertaining to those who live in Asian countries.

Half way through that I had to take GOOCH outside, and tell the dude off. He was squirming and talking throughout the DVD, very embarrassing. Then not long after my husband came out to relieve me. Thankfully I returned to my seat next to BUBBA.

After that we had the last class for the day - remembering it's stake conference, Relief Society and Preisthood were combined. My husband was going to just chill with the lil' guy - but then ended up putting GOOCH in nursary and came up to join me!

taken after class :)

After class we talked with a few members and I passed on letters my youth had written to the youth in India - hoping to strike a relationship with the youth abroad.

the foyer upstairs. That is the doorway to the room where we had our combined class...

the stairway down...

Straight after church there were afew baptisms...

love this father and son photo xox

These boys were awesome!! BUBBA and his boys from primary!

We headed home not long after! We just chilled out all day catching up on sleep and chilling with family! Dinner was at 9:30pm and we had paneer (which I love sooo much) - I keep forgetting to take photos of the food...I will make an effort on Monday!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment